Caversham Horticultural Society
Jubilee Shield - Most points Sections A, B and C
Ford Silver Challenge Cup - Most points Section A (Vegetables)
Parson Silver Challenge Cup - Most points Section B (Fruit)
Ted Tiffen Cup Cup - Most points Section C (Flowers)
Balmore Cup - Most points Section D (Novice)
Whiskin Cup - Most points Section E (Domestic)
Handicraft Cup - Most Points Section G (Handicraft)
Devon Cup - Most points Section H (Floral Art)
Children's Cup - Most points in Section I (Children's)
McCartney Cup - Most points in sections D or I (Novice and Children's)
Bob Turner Challenge Cup - Winner Class 66
Jean Sawyer Cup - Winner Class 67
Society Silver Challenge Cup - most points classes 29-31 (Roses)
Voyle Cup - Best exhibit Classes 32-34 (Dahlias)
Bert Goodson Trophy - Best exhibit whole show
CHS Silver bowl - Most points in whole show
Royal Horticultural Society Banksian Medal - exhibitor gaining most prize money in sections A - C, excluding winners in 2017 - 2019
ALL CLASSES - except listed below
1st - £1.00 2nd - 60p 3rd - 40p
BOB TURNER CUP 1st - £5.00 2nd - £3.00 3rd - £2.00
JEAN SAWYER CUP 1st - £5.00 2nd - £3.00 3rd - £2.00
CHILDREN'S CUP 1st - £5.00 2nd - £3.00 3rd - £2.00
1. Entries will be accepted from any member of the society, but no exhibitor may stage more than 1 entry in any 1 class from the same garden except for FLORAL ART and DOMESTIC.
2. All exhibits in the VEGETABLE, FRUIT and FLOWERS sections must have been grown by the exhibitor.
3. All POT PLANTS must have been in the possession of the exhibitor for at least TWO months before the show.
4. Member means paid-up member, husband or wife or child directly related to the member.
5. All entries must be received by the show secretary not later than three days before the show. Please check entry forms as mistakes cannot be later rectified.
6. No entry fee, late entries will be accepted, except for Classes in Floral Art (those requiring a niche), before 11am on the day of the show.
7. The judges decision is final. Prize money or awards may be withheld of exhibits are considered to be unworthy of the prize offered.
8. Prize money will be paid from 3:30pm to 4:15pm on the day of the show, any exhibit or prize money not collected by 4:30pm will become the property of the society.
9. The show is open from 9am for staging. An exhibitors card must be obtained from the show secretary and placed face down with each exhibit. Please name varieties where possible.
10. Judging will commence at 12pm, only authorised persons allowed in the marquee during judging.
11. Society awards will be presented at 4:15pm.
12. Vases will be provided where applicable and must be used with the except of Floral Art where containers will not be supplied.
13. All exhibits in sections A, B, C, D and F will be donated to a local charity unless an offer is made to purchase or previously reserved. Sections E, G, H and I and Classes within Section C which are Pot Plants will automatically be reserved and not sold. Exhibitors may not remove their exhibits until 4pm.
14. Points are awarded on the basis of 5 points for first, 3 points for second and one point for third. In the event of a tie, the award will be given to the exhibitor with the most first prizes in the sections.
15. All cups will be held for one year and should be returned to the show secretary by 21st July the year after the show.
16. A novice is a person not having won the Balmore (novice) cup more than 3 times.
Copyright 2021 Caversham Horticultural Society